UA-48819466-1

Thursday 31 March 2011

Villandry review



Lovely meal at the Villandry tonight. Last minute decision but we ended up at the Villandry on great Portland Street central London. We arrived and it was quite busy, took a while to get our drinks but not the end of the world. 

The menu was very competent indeed, not over fussed, I think there were only about 8 dishes in total, which for some reason is always a good sign to me. So I went for the steak my friend the Italian meat platter. 

My steak was cooked to perfection, a little chewy but very good, the chips were yummy and the bearnaise sauce on the side was nice. 

We then couldn't help ourselves but to try the puds they looked great and if the table next to us hadn't ordered theirs I'm not sure we would have as we wouldn't have seen how yummy the were. I went with the banana tarte tatin, and the girls went for apple crumble and a salt chocolate thing. I was torn between the cheese board and the tart but went for the sweet option. Well it/ they were delicious! And very very naughty. 

Very nice all in all, the only down side was the slow service and to be fair I think they must have been down on staff as couldn't see many and every table was taken. And also might be a small thing to many but a terrible no no for me... A massive flat screen tv with the news on. Not good. 

Apart from that the food was good the environment was lovely and, oh nearly forgot they have a lovely outside space/terrace small but lovely.









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-48819466-1