UA-48819466-1

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Eating in St Andrews

Today we stopped off at The Castle Course club house for a spot of late lunch. Now my mum is from Scotland, and I was brought up eating traditional Scottish food. This week has been great, I have sent so many pictures to  my mum as all of our fav food is here!



Today was no exception - Fish and Milk! Well a posh version - smoked haddock, potato and leeks in a saffron broth. My mum used to make this for us when we were kids and I love it, so to see it on the menu this afternoon it was a must have dish!
And I am very happy to report it was very very good.


We also tried 'haggis dumplings" we were all very curious, so decided to order them - being all fans of haggis and dumplings we thought you couldnt go too wrong - sadly I was wrong they were horrible. basically deep fried balls of haggis.


I should probably mention that my friends had club sandwich and the burger - all of which were yummy!




The venue its self boasted stunning views of the golf course with a breathtaking backdrop of the sea.




I was so thrilled with my 'fish and milk' it pretty much made my day!

If you find yourself in St Andrews check it out.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-48819466-1