UA-48819466-1

Tuesday 16 August 2011

More amazing Scottish food!

Ok so its one amazing meal to another up here - I think it may be a mix of childhood memories and amazing food. Yesterday we picked up some steak square sliced sausage from the local butcher for breakfast this morning. I promised my mum I would bring some back for her - we love it! 


My friends have not tried square sliced sausage before apart from my boyfriend. So here is a pic of our yummy breakfast complete with square sliced sausage. 


To be honest the best way to have it is fresh from the grill in between scottish plain loaf bread with loads of butter. 


I love square sliced sausage!!










wikipedia says: Square sausage, also known as Lorne sausageflat sausagesliced sausage or slice, it can also be referred to as slab as opposed to link, is a food product most often eaten in ScotlandSausage meat – which may be pork or beef – is set into a square and sliced into pieces generally about 3 inches (76 mm) square by about 12 in (13 mm) thick. The sausage is rarely a perfect square given the minced state of the meat, which is often bound with other ingredients such as rusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-48819466-1