UA-48819466-1

Thursday 4 August 2011

A taste of Spain in London's sunny Soho



Lunch in London on a sunny summers afternoon. Yesterday my friend took me to lunch at BarraFina in Soho -I have often walked past but have never been. It was just lovely. Amazing food, wonderful, personal service and tables outside - i felt like i was on holiday! It was about 28 degrees in central London and I did have a ice cold glass of wine in hand. 

My friend ordered for me as to be entirely honest the menu was a little heavy on the Spanish, and i didnt know what much of it was. 

He ordered, classic tortilla, salchichon, rump lamb and bread with oil. 





The Salchichon - Just delicious plenty for two to share and cut perfectly. 


The tortilla - wow! I obviously have never had a proper tortilla because this was like nothing I have tasted before. It was so good, quite rich but so so very good. 



Rump Lamb - tender succulent, cooked to perfection and to sauce was to die for all the herbs and flavours  were brilliantly balanced. The sauce was so good I had to order more of the fresh soft divine bread to mop it up. 



Needless to say I will be back again. It's a wonder how it has slipped past me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-48819466-1