UA-48819466-1

Thursday 29 September 2011

Very average Da Polpo

Same set up as polpo but luckerly for us no wait! We were seated next to a very loud table I suddenly noticed I was actually shouting when speaking to my friend. Any way we order we decided on arancini chicken liver crostino, market greens, classic beef and pork meatballs, calamari, cotechino sausage, lentils and salsa verde and to finish nutella pizzetta.  

The verdict ... Alright not amazing just alright. Couldn't decide if it was value for money or not - it came to £69 odd the was for all of the above a bottle of sparkling water, bottle if house wine and some bread. (Clearly I had a day off the diet). 

The sausage was an very odd soft texture and the salsa verde was minty I don't like mint. The arancini was like balls of risoto not how they should be. The meatballs were a little peppery for me but well cooked and good sauce. The veg - aka market greens were horribly over cooked which is just a crime. 

All in all it was ok ...





Sorry no picture as in all of there places its was so dark we could barely read the menu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-48819466-1