UA-48819466-1

Tuesday 21 December 2010



Lunch this afternoon with my boyfriend and dad in prep for Christmas. We popped along to my fav pub/ restaurant local to my mum and dad's called The Square and Compasses, in the village of Fuller Street Essex, which to get to we tackled crazy snow and sludge, its that good. Mostly local produce even down to their Ale its a really nice spot. We were offered a festive menu and a regular menu, all of us opted for the regular one. I had gammon, egg (poached) and chips, my boyfriend had homemade burger and chips and my dad had ham egg and chips. The boys also had local ales which needless to say went down very well indeed. The burger by the way was massive a very generous portion indeed.



We sat at our usual table, next to the wood burning stove where there is a cute little note to customers say "please feel free to lob a log on the fire" this place is full of lovely little things like that.



The menu features a lot of locally shot game, including pigeon, pheasant and partridge. True to their surroundings this to a lovely little local pub restaurant that serves great local food and drink.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-48819466-1