UA-48819466-1

Saturday 18 December 2010

lunch with mum and dad in the country




A cold snowy saturday in the country, we decide to drive out to an old favourite pub called "The Dog and Gun". I have never been but my parents have many years ago. It was dead we were the only people in the place. We were told that they had been shut all week due to the snow. 

Enough about the snow.
We sat down next to a window in the restaurant area, tall leather chairs with nateral wood tables. Food was to be expected - pub grab albeit posh pub grub. What they did do which i thought was a nice touch - they had a black board offering todays cut of beef. Sirloin was the cut de jour and you could choose what size you wanted, each oz was charged accordingly. 

My dad and I opted for the beef and veg stew with cheesey dumpling!!! amazing just what we needed on a cold day. The dumpling - which of course I was not allowed was so so good I have a little taste and then handed it over reluctantly to my dad. Mum went for the steak 6oz, she said it was a little tough but you would never guess as she polished the plate off including the mound of deep fried onion spaghetti that was pilled on top. 

I would go back for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-48819466-1