UA-48819466-1

Wednesday 29 December 2010

Bill's in Covent Garden

So after a long cold day at Twickenham we headed in to London's West End for a spot of dinner. The choice was down to me, it was a family day out with partners, 8 of us in total, so no pressure then. Haha.

Bill's only opened 1 month ago and has had some great review one of which from a good foodie friend of mine, so with a good menu and decent prices I thought it would be a good place to keep everyone happy.

We booked a table just incase, but as it goes it was dead especially compared to Jamies Italian next door, but I must give it it's due it has only been open for a month and it was the day after boxing day, oh and it is a fairly new brand.

All 8 of us walk in and find our table waiting for us, our reserved table for 8 that was oddly set for 10??? Any who after a little musical chairs we sat and ordered our drinks. At each place was a large orange, which was nice but a little odd, just their kind of quirky way I guess. We were sat amongst all Bill's deli products stacked hight to the ceiling everywhere you looked, all of which of course was for sale. They very cleverly have a shopping tick list on your table too which I thought was a fantastic way of capitalising on your customers pockets. You simply tick what you would like to order and give it to a member of the team and they will have it ready for you when you leave. My boyfriends lovely parents were of course sucked in to this nifty bit of marketing and bought a few treats to take home with them.


Now one thing that really did bother me, is that there was nothing to tell me about Bill, who is he? whats his story? As soon as you walk in you are hit with a wonderful visual treat of goodies in cool retro packaging and blackboards with messages on but nothing, not a word, well that I could find anyway about this Bill bloke. I must have made quite a fuss as before long I was being updated but the boys - they had asked our waiter and he had told all, now do bare with me as at this point this is third hand information but it went something like this... Bill owned a greengrocers and then opened some restaurants. Sorry I do hope that isn't too much of a let down but then perhaps your not interested any way?? I have checked the site and there isn't anything on there either so I am afraid that will have to do.




Right on to the food!!

I have the mezze to start and shared it with my boyfriend - it was nice, nice and fresh nothing amazing just nice, but it was served on a slice of wood with its bark still on which I thought was lovely and it came with diagonally cut bread which had been splashed with olive oil-very nice.




Main course I went for the special which was the T-bone steak - bloody lovely - cooked to perfection! I also ordered a side salad which I didn't need and wouldn't have ordered if the waiter had told me everything the steak came with. I did ask and he said chips, but saying that the rocket that came along with the steak and chips was not a patch on the side salad I ordered, it was very very good indeed, and topped with seeds too.




All in all a nice place the type of place for a bite to eat nothing fancy maybe a lunch with a friend of a quick something on a impromptu meal out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-48819466-1