UA-48819466-1

Friday 18 February 2011

Lunch in Edinburgh



This afternoon i was in Edinburgh for work and had a lovely spot of lunch in a small French restaurant called Petit Paris. We arrived and were greeted with a water glass of sweet rose wine? not i must at this stage point out that the guy i was with seemed to know everyone rather well so i cant say i am able to give a true review on this place but i can tell you i had a lovely experience. 

I was taking my jacket off and getting settled when a older gentleman on the table next to us put out his hand to shake mine??? he was charming we chatted and i asked what he recommends i ordered. He suggested the steak (do i have i love meat particularly red meat written on my head?) I ordered as recommended partly because it was and partly because i felt i should after asking. 

So I went for the French onion soup followed by the ribeye steak with peppercorn sauce. 



The soup was lovely although i would have preferred my cheese to have been melted and also more of it. I once had French onion soup which had almost a centimetre for melted cheese on top, it was delicious bu that that it a very personal taste. 

The steak came and i must say i had a touch of food envy - my lunch partner had ordered the chicken and it came in this amazing bass dish a kind of one pot dish complete with veg and potatoes. My steak was good cooked as i ordered and not too rare - i tend to worry with French restaurnat bout how rare they cook their steaks. I ordered English Medium rare- pink with a little blood. I know it was a Ribeye but it was very fatty and even with a steak knife fairly hard to cut. 

Then we had dessert too. I think its safe to say the diet has been on the back burner of late. I went for the chocolate torte with creme anglias - it was lovely very very rich, the owner informed me that it had been made with 12, yes thats 12 eggs, and that is what makes it so rich and tasty. 

All in all a lovely lunch made even better by the company and people i met. It was relaxed good food and very welcoming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-48819466-1