UA-48819466-1

Thursday 27 January 2011

Burns Night Supper finally!

I was invited to two Burns night events on the 25th and not a drop of Haggis to be seen! I was so so disappointed - my first Burns night in over 7 years with out Haggis. So Tonight, with my mum and my sister we had Burns Night Supper!! 

For those of you that don't know the traditional Burns Night Supper is Haggis Neeps and Tatties. Mash Turnip (thats Swede to all you non scottish folk) and mashed potato. 

Haggis is (according to wikipedia) a dish containing sheep's 'pluck' (heartliver and lungs), minced with onionoatmealsuetspices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours. Most modern commercial haggis is prepared in a casing rather than an actual stomach. Our's was in actual stomach, I have found that most Haggis brought from a traditional butchers.

I love it! I even have it cold the next day in a sandwich, sadly tonight its all been eat with not crumb left for my cold Haggis sandwich. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-48819466-1