UA-48819466-1

Thursday 27 January 2011

Amazing starter

Today I had lunch with my client in Harvey Nicks in Manchester. It was the bar restaurant on the top floor, I was greeted by a very pleasant host and offer a table too choose from. Once sat I ordered a pot of English breakfast tea and waited for my guest.

We both decided to have a small something to eat and so chose from the first course options. I went for the Ham Hock and Black Pudding dish while my client chose the 'special' risotto which involved prawns and peas.

Mine arrived and was pretty as a picture, really vibrant green de-shelled broad beans next to fleshy pink ham and deep black black pudding.

It was as delicious as it looked. It came with a lovely sweet apple and cinnamon puree which worked beautifully gelling all the ingredients together. Its been a long time since I have eaten something that tasted equally as lovely as it looked.

On top of this we had a wonderful waiter, Stuart, who was very attentive, polite and very helpful. So helpful in fact that he even wrote down the method of how to make my lovely starter. When i give it a shot I will post it for all to see... thank you Stuart.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-48819466-1