UA-48819466-1

Saturday 15 January 2011

Homemade Spotted Dick

Tonight I decided to make the Great British Spotted Dick. I searched the internet for a good old fashioned recipe and came across this link. A recipe from 1850! It didnt take long and was easy to make, but I didn't realise that it took 2.5 hours to steam. I had to do a really cool tinfoil/grease proof paper pleated lid with a cool string tie and handle which was new to me and looked terribly professional, even if i do say so myself.

Well hey say the proof is in the pudding and only 5 minutes ago I found out that i'm actually quite good and making spotted dick however after a rather large late dinner and a rather large helping of my spotted dick and the minatory glug of custard I am feeling somewhat over indulged and a little sick.

School dinners all the way with this little slice of delicious childhood pud...



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-48819466-1