UA-48819466-1

Sunday 9 January 2011

Sunday Lunch with Friends

Met with friends this afternoon for lunch in a country pub; The Hare. I've been here before but it was before the make over, they must have spent a small fortune on it its almost unrecognisable. It was packed so we had to wait to get a table. We ordered drinks at the bar and waited for our table while studying the menu and deciding what to have.

Once seated we ordered straight away, it was 2 courses for £14.99. I went for the prawn and crayfish salad followed by roast pork. Now this is where my blog name comes in to play, deli2dinners - a roast for lunch and a roast for dinner haha.

We were brought a wooden platter with two warm large granary rolls for us all which I thought was very nice, makes a pleasant change to rolls in a basket.

Starters arrived, and I suddenly realised that mine would come drenched in sauce which i really didnt want, so quickly asked if it would be possible to have my sauce on the side to which our lovely waiter said would be fine. It came out just a couple of minutes behind the others with the sauce on the side. A small dish but lost of fish and tasty too.

Main course came with a massive yorkshire pud, roast tatties and a dish of mixed veg for us all to share. It was nice pretty standard but nice.



Good service, the bar girl was very helpful and very polite possibly the nicest I have come across in a long time. The interior was nice very standard pub chain style but nice enough.

I would go back but not in a hurry.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-48819466-1