UA-48819466-1

Thursday 20 January 2011

Dinner at Getti in the Villiage, thats Marylebone High Street, London to you and I



last night we went a long to Getti on Marylebone High Street. A lovely smart little Italian number. We arrived and was greeted immediately by a very friendly banterful host with a much anticipated thick Italian accent. Lovely just the way it should be in my opinion. Walking to our table the restaurant was buzzing, I think every table was taken and filled with happy faces enjoying their delicious smelling food. We arrived at our round candle lit table complete with fresh followers, there was such a warm welcoming atmosphere - it was lovely. 

We were introduce by our cheeky chapy host to our sweet baby-faced waiter who took our drinks order, we also ordered some bread and oil and some olives too. I know, I know olives for the third time in less and 24 hours and stll you hear me say - 'they were a little salty" so i can only conclude that it is in fact me, I have officially gone off olives? I do hope not, perhaps its just a passing phase, like a 24 hour bug or something. Any way, I digress, the bread however was very nice, warm and a mix of white and granary, and the oil was very good indeed, almost creamy - you could tell it was the good stuff it had great colour and flavour. 

So on to the main course, I went for the lamb cutlets, my friend went for the homemade ravioli and my other friend had the squid, prawns, and whitebait dish. I ordered my lamb medium rare, and without roast potatoes, when it came out they had very kindly given me extra roasted vegetables without me requesting them which I thought was very considerate and a great way to win your customers over. The lamb was very tender and cooked to perfection I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I tried a little of my friend ravioli and it was to die for, clearly home-made and packed full of flavour very very good indeed. 




And I even had dessert  too! I'm not normally a dessert person but our baby face waiter pointed out these three dishes which were 'bit size' ! perfect, just what i wanted a little taste of something sweet. I chose from the dolcetti, they are small bites of deserts, i had the Zuppa Inglesse a yummy trifle like arrangement toped with chocolate.  It came out in a shot glass of sorts and was a three layered affair, very tasting and just what I needed. 


Then as if that wasnt enough the host decided we should all have lemoncello - so we did, nice but not really for me. Then if that wasnt enough in true Italian style he brought out more... 'you must try these" he says - ok, little nutty biscuit called Cantuccini, home-made i was assured very quickly, hard and crunchy slim slices of biscuit packed with nuts. And then her tells us that really we should have it with this dessert wine Vin Santo is a nectar-like dessert wine and a Tuscan speciality which you dunk them in - this just sounded too good to miss so her bought a couple over for  us, and right he was the wine complimented the biscuit beautifully. 

It was a wonderful Italian evening through and through every detail and part of our meal was heartfelt and just lovely. From our greeting at the door to the endless passion and chat that the staff had for the food. It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-48819466-1