UA-48819466-1

Monday 24 January 2011

detox Jan




ok so as I have mentioned a couple of times I have given up drink this January, partly because its good for your health and partly because it makes you fat! haha. Any way its always good to abstain for a little bit and it would seem that January is the only time in the year that I could possibly get away with it what with everyone and their mum doing it. 

So on the hunt for some enjoyable alternatives I came across a wonderful homegrown delight called Luscome. My drink of choice is usually Champagne or white wine. And the lovely people at Luscombe have a rather fabulous drink that they have labeled 'wild Elderflower Bubbly' - sounds right up my street. So on Saturday night when all around me were sipping on their G&T's i pored myself a flute of chilled Wild Elderflower Bubbles. It was truly lovely, it looked just like champagne in the glass, ok it didnt taste just like Champagne but it did taste very nice and was a welcomed change from soda and lime!




Apparently I am not the only one that thinks this stuff is rather good, They have won many awards for their drinks including two-star Gold Awards for Apple & Elderflower and a one-star award for Cool Ginger Beer, Sicilian Lemonade, Wild Elderflower Bubbly, Devon Apple, and Apple and Apricot. The Great Taste Awards are the acknowledged benchmark of speciality food and drink 2010. They also serve it at Heston Blumenthal’s The Fat Duck - well if its good enough for him its defiantly good enough for me!! 



I will be stocking up on this for sure, its very refreshing and so lovely to drink I should imagine it would be even better on a hot British summers afternoon. 


Sold at independent retailers nationwide and leading department stores including Harvey Nichols, Fortnum & Mason and Selfridges, Luscombe Drinks are priced from £1.50 why not give them a shot, I did and i will be going back for more and more. 

I very much recommend these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-48819466-1