UA-48819466-1

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Yala Yala for dinner with the girls



Yala Yala Lebanese not really my bag but we went under recommendation and because we were told it was cheap.  
Its very bright, light and vibrant, bright yellow and black are the colours I recall. We were sat at a long wooden bench next to the window and requested some tap water to which the waitress responded - it will be £1, that goes to a water charity. Nice touch I thought. 
The water arrived in a lovely glass poring jug, so nice that 2 of us felt the need to say so. 
We were also given pickles and olives, the olives were horrible, far too salty for me, and the pickles were chili's and some pinkish thing, which we debated wasnt even edible- it turn out to be turnip pickled? That was also horrible. 

So we order, 2 of the girls ordered mezze between them and I went for the mixed grill minus the rice. 




It was very tasty, marinated chicken, lamb and koftas with a very fresh herb salad, which the waitress told me was made just for me.

Our food was very good and very fresh, it was a nice restaurant good service and pleasant surroundings, but sadly just not my personal kind of place. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-48819466-1